|Key title:||Journal of the International Society for Teacher Education (Online)|
|Abbreviated key title:||J. Int. Soc. Teach. Educ. (Online)|
|Indexes:||ERIC, EBSICO, ULRICHSWEB|
|Bibliographical National Country Indexes:||Brazil, Norway, Denmark|
Articles submitted to JISTE must be written in English, following manuscript guidelines (see below) and will be anonymously reviewed by referees. Each article must pass the review process to be accepted for publication. The editors will notify the senior author of the manuscript if it does not meet submission requirements.
Articles are judged for (a) significance to the field of teacher education (elementary, secondary, post-secondary, further education) from a global perspective, (b) comprehensiveness of the literature review, (c) clarity of presentation, and (d) adequacy of evidence for conclusions. Research manuscripts are also evaluated for adequacy of the rationale and appropriateness of the design and analysis. Scholarly relevance is crucial. Be sure to evaluate your information.
Articles should move beyond description to present inquiry and critical analysis and provoke discussion.
Articles pertaining to a particular country or world area should be authored by a teacher educator from that country or world area.
If English is the author’s second or third language, manuscripts accepted for publication will be edited to improve clarity, to conform to style, to correct grammar, and to fit available space. Submission of the article is considered permission to edit the article.
Published manuscripts become the property of the Society. Permission to reproduce articles must be requested from the editors. The submission and subsequent acceptance of a manuscript for publication serves as the copyright waiver from the author(s).
- Manuscript length, including all references, tables, charts or figures should be not more than 6,0000 words. Shorter pieces of 1500-3000 words, such as policy review or critique papers are welcomed.
- All text should be double-spaced, with margins 1 inch all around (2.5 cm), left justified only.
- Paragraphs should be indented five spaces and separated by a space.
- Tables, Figures, and Charts should be kept to a minimum (no more than 4 per article) and each sized to fit on a page 8.5 x 5.5 inches (20 x 14 cm).
- Abstract should be limited to 100 – 150 words.
- The cover page shall include the following information: Title of the manuscript; name of author or authors, institution, complete mailing address, business and home phone numbers, FAX number, and e-mail address: Brief biographical sketch, background and areas of specialisation not to exceed 30 words per author.
- Writing and editorial style shall follow directions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition, 2009). References MUST follow the APA style Manual.
Book and Other Media Review Submissions
Interested members of ISfTE may submit reviews of books or other media created by ISfTE members. Reviews may be no longer that one Journal page.
ISfTE members may submit an annotated reference to any book which they have had been published during the past three years. Annotations should be no longer than 150 words.