Dear members past and present,
Our theme this year is:
Critical Issues for Tomorrow's Teachers
Members know that the six-day seminar usually attracts participants from all over the world who collectively examine and discuss the critical issues facing global teacher education. A range of keynote presentations on critical topics by acknowledged experts drives the focus of the proceedings. Participants have the opportunity to present “prior to publication” papers within small peer group settings for collegiate consideration, discussion and counsel.
The benefits to ISfTE members who attend the Seminar are several, including:
- The stimulus to write about and disseminate our work.
- The opportunity to publish in an internationally refereed journal.
- A seminar format for giving and receiving supportive feedback on our work.
- Excellent speakers who will address globally significant issues in education.
- An environment to encourage, nurture, and support early career researchers and educators.
- A chance to renew friendships with colleagues from around the world.
- The opportunity to meet new colleagues and develop lasting international friendships and collaborations.
- Cultural experiences that will expand our horizons.
New members will experience an opportunity to sample something quite different from a 'traditional' academic conference. An ISfTE Seminar, through its structure and balance between work and cultural experience allows the time over a working week to develop strong collegial networks that grow and develop over time.
PLEASE ALSO FORWARD THIS MESSAGE ON TO COLLEAGUES, OTHERS WHO YOU THINK MAY BE INTERESTED, ORGANIZATIONS IN YOUR OWN AND OTHER COUNTRIES, ANYONE WHO WORKS WITH OR FOR THE EDUCATION OF TEACHERS. DIRECT THEM TO THE WEB SITE BELOW:
Looking forward to seeing you in June!
JACKIE WILLIS, Convener, ISfTE 2015